Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fish fillets with a cornmeal (polenta) crust instead of crumbed. Gluten free if you use a GF flour- you can use rice flour, maize cornflour or a good GF flour blend. You'll be pleasantly surprised with this fish. The polenta crumbing is delish! For lactose free use a soy or rice milk
- 4 fish fillets
- plain flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper (use a gluten-free flour if required)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup cornmeal (polenta)
- Rinse fish in water and thoroughly pat dry with paper towel.
- Coat fish first in flour, then dip in the milk and then the cornmeal.
- Chill for 10 minutes in the refrigerator-this helps the cornmeal set onto the fish.
- Shallow or deep fry.
I loved this what a great meal this made. I used Orange Roughy fish and followed the recipe. Very easy to make. Oh I used lemon pepper instead of pepper. I never used milk to dip the meat in before breading. This worked really well though. Thanks you. This will be made often. Made for zwt III .