A tasty dish of fish fillets cooked in a lime, coconut and pineapple flavoured sauce. This recipe is originally from Culinaria Caribbean. Prep time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large red snapper fillets (or other fish)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- fresh parsley
- 1Wash and pat dry the fish.
- 2Place the fillets in a ceramic dish and pour over the lime juice and sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
- 4Saute the onion, garlic, tomato and celery in the olive oil for about 1 minute.
- 5Add the coconut milk, pineapple juice, bay leaf and tomato paste.
- 6Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7In another pan brown the fish lightly on both sides.
- 8Pour the sauce over the fish in the pan.
- 9Simmer for five minutes, turning the fish once.
- 10Sprinkle the chopped fresh parsley over the fish and serve with rice and maybe a fresh salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Fillets in Coconut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.3
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 141.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 52.2 g