Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like to make this at camp with some nice fresh caught trout but any fish will do.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs fish fillets or 4 pan sized trout
- frank's hot sauce (to taste)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In small bowl,combine all ingredients except fish. Place fish separately on greased aluminum foil. Spoon crumb mixture over fish. Seal and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or till flakey.Serve with Corn Bread and pass the hot sauce.
Very easy. I used haddock fillets from the freezer, and they came out very moist and tender. My daughter said it's her favorite fish dish so far.
This is a really easy recipe. It adapts to most fish and has endless variations.