Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adopted this recipe in the recipe adoption of February 2005. The only major change I made to this recipe is to change the cooking method from microwave to oven. I prefer to cook fish in the oven, and it only takes a couple of minutes longer. I also added measurements to the spices. DH doesn't like curry powder, so I made the curry powder optional. This recipe is easy to double for 2 servings.
- 1⁄2 lb fish fillet (any kind-I used Tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place fillets in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, curry, cayenne, garlic, Mrs. Dash, and boullion.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
Very good. Simple and healthy weeknight meal. Will use again and again!
Wow! Had some frozen sword fish steaks and a husband glued to the Angels Yankees playoff game. Regardless of the outcome in Major League land, this baby was a home run! Fast and easy. The combo of seasonings hit it over the fence. With this I served pan grilled zucchini slices, leftover baby red potatoes and broiled vine ripened tomatoes. RecipeZaar you are the best!
What a great and easy recipe! I will use this one in the future. I like the curry taste.