Rich, delicious and a beautiful presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 packages frozen broccoli stems
- 2 lbs mild white fish fillets (tilapia,flounder, etc. Frozen is okay if fresh not available)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup swiss cheese, shredded or grated
- salt and pepper
- 1First make cheese sauce.
- 2Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- 3Add onion and cook until soft but not browned.
- 4Add flour and cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- 5Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Gradually add milk while stirring constantly until mixture is completely smooth.
- 7Return to heat and cook, stirring, until mixture thickens.
- 8Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- 9In a small bowl, beat egg yolk.
- 10Stir in about 1/2 of the hot sauce and mix well.
- 11Stir egg yolk mixture and the cheese into hot sauce.
- 12Cook over low heat stirring constantly until cheese melts and mixture thickens.
- 13DO NOT BOIL.
- 14Preheat oven to 375.
- 15Butter or spray a 9 x 13 pan.
- 16Microwave frozen broccoli until almost done.
- 17Rinse and pat dry fish fillets.
- 18Cut fillets into two or three pieces.
- 19Brush fillets with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 20Arrange broccoli spears in bottom of buttered pan.
- 21Top with fish fillets and pour sauce over all.
- 22Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c.
- 24Bake 20 to 25 minutes and then briefly put under broiler until top is brown (watch carefully).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Fillet Divan
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.5
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 181.3 mg
- Sodium 433.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 36.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: