Fish, Fennel and Tomato Stew
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and garlic cook for about 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Stir often.
- Add the fennel slices and cook for a further 8 minutes or until fennel is soft.
- Stir in the wine and cook for 2 minutes then add the stock, tomatoes, sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then cover tightly and simmer over a medium low heat for 20 minutes.
- Cut the fish into large pieces, add to the tomato mixture and cook for 3 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through.
- Stir through the parsley and 2 tablespoons of reserved fennel leaves.
- Serve in bowls, sprinkled with the lemon rind.