Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this from the Australian magazine Food Ideas.
Make and share this Fish, Fennel and Tomato Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed,thinly sliced,leaves reserved
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups fish stock
- 2 (440 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- salt and pepper
- 750 g thick firm white fleshed fish filets
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon rind
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and garlic cook for about 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Stir often.
- Add the fennel slices and cook for a further 8 minutes or until fennel is soft.
- Stir in the wine and cook for 2 minutes then add the stock, tomatoes, sugar and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then cover tightly and simmer over a medium low heat for 20 minutes.
- Cut the fish into large pieces, add to the tomato mixture and cook for 3 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through.
- Stir through the parsley and 2 tablespoons of reserved fennel leaves.
- Serve in bowls, sprinkled with the lemon rind.