Recipe Courtesy The Deen Brothers - Show: Paula's Best Dishes - Episode: Grilled to Perfection
My Private Note
fish fa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs mahi mahi, skin removed
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 fresh lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1SALSA VERDE:.
- 2Remove papery husks from tomatillos and rinse well. Cut in half and place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place under a broiler for about 5 to 7 minutes to lightly blacken the skin.
- 3Place tomatillos, lime juice, onions, cilantro, jalapeno peppers and sugar in a food processor or blender and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixed. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4Serve with chips or as a salsa accompaniment to Mexican dishes.
- 5FISH FAJITAS:.
- 6Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- 7Cut the fish into 1-inch strips and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with lime juice.
- 8With a rag or paper towel, grease the grill with oil to prevent sticking. Place fish on grill gently; and cook for 3 minutes on each side, turning carefully with tongs.
- 9On the cooler outer edges of the grill place the tortillas to warm them. Transfer the warmed tortillas to a plate or a wide shallow bowl lined with a clean kitchen towel. Fold the edges of the towel over tortillas to keep them warm.
- 10To assemble, divide he fish among tortillas and top with salsa verde and avocado slices. Squeeze lime juice over the avocado and roll up the tortillas.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Fajitas With Spicy Salsa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 434.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 21.9 g