Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I was growing up we always called this Fish Eye Salad, because of the pasta. And while my aunt would always make it, I never knew the "proper name" or the ingredients. I finally found a copy of the recipe I received from her and thought I'd share.
- 3⁄4 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 3 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Cook, and drain pasta per package instructions.
- Mix pudding mix, oranges, and pineapple.
- Mix in pasta and Cool Whip.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
This is a great salad! All of my family loved it, even the kids get a real kick out of eating something called "fish-eyes". The instant pudding makes this recipe quick to make. I had to use cocnut-cream instant pudding as I was out of vanilla and that was really good too! Try it you will like it.