Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
One fine day, I sat down and wondered to myself how I could create a colorful dish, using fish fillets with refreshing ingredients, spicy yet appetizing. Here it is; hope you like this. I have created exotica.
- 4 dory fish fillets or 4 tilapia fillets or 4 any other fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 lemongrass, finely chopped
- 150 g fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 limes
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Get the steamer ready for the fish fillets.
- Bring water to boil.
- Add oil to wok.
- Fry the lemongrass, ginger, and red chilies until fragrant.
- Add the Hoisin sauce then the sugar.
- Once the water comes to a boil, pour it over the fish fillets and place in the steamer for 8 minutes.
- Squeeze the limes. Sprinkle the lime juice, onto the fish fillets.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Ready to serve.
- Serve with white rice.
- Serve with other dishes.
Great low fat recipe with a lot of taste! My grocery store didn't have lemon grass, so I used lemon jiuce to get the same flavor. It's a great blend of Asian and South American tastes that com together very well. I served it over white rice and a side of sliced and salted tomatoes. Thanks for an easy and yummy dish!