My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb orange roughy fillets (firm) or 1 lb haddock fillets (firm) or 1 lb mackerel fillet, cut into 1/2" strips (firm)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup green olives or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh, snipped (If fresh Cilantro is not available, use 1 t dried cilantro leaves.)
- 1 teaspoon oregano, fresh, snipped (If fresh oregano is not availabel, use 1/4 t dried oregano leaves.)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 stuffed green olives (with pimiento stuffing)
- 2 jalapeno chiles
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped, 1 sm
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato, seeded & chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled & chopped
- 1Heat 3/4-inch of water to boiling in 10-inch skillet; carefully place fish in water.
- 2Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- 3Simmer, uncovered, just until fish is opaque, about 30 seconds (DO NOT overcook or fish will fall apart); drain carefully.
- 4Mix remaining ingredients except tomato and avocado in a glass or plastic dish.
- 5Stir in fish carefully.
- 6Cover and refrigerate 2 day, carefully stirring occasionally.
- 7Just before serving, gently stir in tomato and avocado; drain.
- 8Serve fish mixture on saltine crackers or tortilla chips, if desired.
Browse Our Top Orange Roughy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Orange Roughy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish En Escabeche
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 218.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stuffed green olives