Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb orange roughy fillets (firm) or 1 lb haddock fillets (firm) or 1 lb mackerel fillet, cut into 1/2" strips (firm)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup green olives or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh, snipped (If fresh Cilantro is not available, use 1 t dried cilantro leaves.)
- 1 teaspoon oregano, fresh, snipped (If fresh oregano is not availabel, use 1/4 t dried oregano leaves.)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 stuffed green olives (with pimiento stuffing)
- 2 jalapeno chiles
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped, 1 sm
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled & chopped
- Heat 3/4-inch of water to boiling in 10-inch skillet; carefully place fish in water.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, just until fish is opaque, about 30 seconds (DO NOT overcook or fish will fall apart); drain carefully.
- Mix remaining ingredients except tomato and avocado in a glass or plastic dish.
- Stir in fish carefully.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 day, carefully stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, gently stir in tomato and avocado; drain.
- Serve fish mixture on saltine crackers or tortilla chips, if desired.