1/2 Photos of Fish & Eggplant (Aubergine) Casserole
Jenny Sanders's Note:
This is very versatile. I make it sometimes with chicken thigh pieces instead of fish, or even with thinly sliced carrots for a vegetarian version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 500 g Japanese eggplants
- 1 green pepper (I use Cubanelles)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 4 stalks celery
- 4 green onions
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400 g mild boneless white fish
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Mix the brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and water, and set aside.
- 3Cut the eggplants into 1" dice and the remaining vegetables into slightly smaller dice.
- 4Saute the eggplant in a mixture of half each of the two oils until soft.
- 5Place them in a lasagne pan with the fish, cut in chunks, and the ginger.
- 6Saute the remaining vegetables in the remaining oils until soft, and add them to the casserole.
- 7Mix the sauce up well and pour it over.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish & Eggplant (Aubergine) Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.1
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 1173.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 27.2 g