Recipe by Darlene Summers
My husband goes fishing every day, so we eat a LOT of fish--crappie, bluegill, catfish and bass. I am always looking for new ways to cook fish. This recipe was in our local newspaper and is very good.
- 2 lbs fish fillets (we use crappie, a fresh-water fish)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer fillets in a small amount of water for approximately 5 minutes or till flakes easy with a fork.
- Drain and cool.
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- Beat egg yolks; add flour, paprika and salt.
- Add fish and blend well.
- Beat egg whites till peaks form.
- Fold into fish mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into hot fat; fry till golden brown and then turn and fry on other side.