Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
From today's Thursday magazine. This recipe is submitted by Christine Lewis.
- 1⁄2 kg kingfish
- 100 g onions
- 2 inches ginger
- 10 green chilies
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese salt
- 1 potato, boiled and mashed
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil, to fry
- 1 cup water
- Put a cup of water, turmeric powder and fish in a utensil.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Once boiled, remove the bones of the fish and keep the fish aside.
- Take a pan.
- Heat some oil in it.
- Add ginger and saute till the raw smell is gone.
- Add onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add green chillies and stir-fry.
- Add fish.
- Add the mashed potato, corriander leaves, salt and Chinese salt.
- Mix well.
- Make cutlets of the mixture.
- Dip each cutlet in the beaten egg in a bowl.
- Then roll each cutlet in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok.
- Deep fry the cutlets.
- Remove from flame once browned.
- Drain on clean paper towels.
- Serve hot with Tomato ketchup and bread.
Sent these cutlets for tiffin today and they were very good. I used Doma though (wonder if you know the English name for it. Big fish not too tasty), added onions, ginger, garlic raw and also some mint leaves and garam masala. Added the egg to the mix and omitted the bread crumbs (did not have any and short on time too :) ) . Shallow fried the guys and they were very good. My first attempt at fish cutlets. THank you for the recipe.