Recipe by JoyfulCook
A lovely curry that enhances the flavor the the fish, very easy to cook - delicious, serve with Basmati rice and either Naan bread or Chapattis.
- 500 g fish steaks, firm i.e. Spanish mackerel
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, Finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili (or to taste)
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1⁄2 cup water
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, skin and cut fish into large dice. Heat oil in medium saucepan on low heat.
- Fry the onion, garlic and coriander. stirring until soft.
- Add the cumin, turmeric and chili, stir for a minute or two to release flavor.
- Add the water, salt, tomatoes and Garam Masala and simmer until tomatoes are pulpy, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice and place the fish into the saucepan and simmer gently for 5-6 minutes.
- N.B. Make double the sauce and freeze so next time all you have to do is add the fish.