Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From today's City Times newspaper.
- 500 g fish
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 green chilies
- 1 onion
- 3 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 1 large tamarind pulp, smashed
- 3 -5 curry leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Wash and cut the fish into pieces.
- Add all the ingredients to the fish, except the coconut milk and lemon juice.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry curry leaves for a few seconds.
- Add the fish and other ingredients in the pan, except the coconut milk and lemon juice.
- Boil till all the water is absorbed.
- Add coconut milk.
- Gently keep stirring the curry to avoid curdling.
- When it starts to boil, add lemon juice.
- Remove from flame.
- Stir well before serving.