Recipe by English_Rose
A belnd of spices, fish and pineapple make this dish perfect to serve with rice.
Top Review by Darkhunter
English_Rose, this was outstanding! Had not used garam masala before, but will definitely keep it in my spices to use again! I thought it might be a tad too sweet for my sisters, but it was perfectly balanced. Had this with rice and it was great. Thanks for posting!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 lb cod fish fillet, skinned and cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until softened. Add the Garam Masala, Ginger and Allspice and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, sugar, salt, Minced Garlic, Cayenne Pepper and water. Bring to the boil, stirring. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the pineapple and cod. Cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the fish is tender.
- If a hotter flavour is desired, add an extra pinch of Cayenne Pepper.