Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This Pre-1940's recipe included in my "Grandma's Wartime Edition Cookbook"
- 2 cups cod (flaked or fresh)
- 6 potatoes (cubed)
- 1 pint boiling water
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 piece salt pork, fat 1-inch -inch by 3-inch -inch piece
- 32 ounces milk (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Fry out fat and add onion and cook to lightly brown, without burning.
- Strain fat into saucepan and add potatoes and boiling water and cook 10 minutes.
- Add fish and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add the milk and seasoning heat to boiling point and serve.