Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Warm and comforting, yet low in fat.
- 1 lb haddock fillet (or other white fish, fresh or frozen, without skin)
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes (diced in 1/4 inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup diced carrot (or more)
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 dash pepper
- If using frozen fish, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Cut fish into 1-inch pieces.
- Add fish, potatoes, carrots& onion to boiling water in large saucepan.
- Cover& simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix flour with 2 T water until smooth.
- Stir into milk.
- Add milk mixture, salt and pepper to fish mixture in saucepan.
- Cook, stirring gently, until thickened.
Cornelia, Yummy!!! This is a great comfort food,I love fish chowder, the only thing I did different was I used Crappie instead of haddock.This was very easy to make also.Thanks,Darlene
Nice fish chowder. I used flounder and doubled the recipe though I quadrupled the water to steam because I thought it would need that much. I used fat free half and half in order to make it a little creamier (though I know it upped the calories a bit). It did need more salt and pepper, but was hearty.