Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this "quick & easy" recipe in KRAFT'S "What's Cooking" magazine.
- 2 (170 g) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (120 g) box seasoned stuffing mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- Mix together stuffing mix, water, mayonnaise, tuna, relish, cheese and carrots.
- Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat.
- For each fish cake, shape 1/2 cup of the stuffing mixture into a patty.
- Add to frying pan in batches.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides, turning over carefully.
- VARIATIONS: Keeping with the main recipe (with the addition of the water and mayonnaise amounts) you can use the following combination of ingredients:
- Crabmeat Cakes- 2 (120g) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked, 2 tablespoons tartar sauce, 1/2 cup finely chopped celery.
- Salmon Cakes- 2 (213g) cans salmon, drained, skin and bones discarded, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup chopped green onion.
- Shrimp Cakes- 2 (106g) cans tiny cooked shrimp, drained and flaked, 2 tablespoons
- barbecue sauce, 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper.
I have never been crazy about Tuna! However, we tried this and it is FANTASTIC!! Can't get enough of it! Tried it as is! Thanks for sharing!