Recipe by Chuck in Killbuck
I'm a simple man therefore I like simple things and this little recipe is very simple and quick to make. Great for a camping trip where you'll cook your catch the same night. I've done it many times. You can use any type of fish making this. Serve with a Tarter or Hollandaise sauce and enjoy.
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
I made these tonight for dinner. They were really fast and simple as the title says. DH wasn't home and I wasn't sure when he would get home, so I did everything except fry the patties before hand. Then when he arrived, I went ahead and fried the patties. The next time I make these I will leave the water out as that made them to loose to form into patties. I had to spoon them into the skillet and then kind of pat and spread them out. They tasted great and the fish and potatoes did not over-power each other. Thank you for sharing this recipe Chuck!!!
- 1 lb boneless fish fillet
- 5 large potatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut up potatoes.
- Place in pot with fillets and cover with cold water.
- Boil until the potatoes are"fork done".
- Drain off the water.
- Mash the potatoes and fish together.
- Mix chopped onion, eggs, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add this to the fish and potatoes and mix well.
- Form the mixture into hamburger size patties.
- Season with salt and pepper and fry in well greased skillet until golden brown on both sides.