Clifford Boren's Note:
This is essentially a muscled up Bubble and Squeek with some flaked fish mixed in. It's a very good simple meal served with "Oh No! Not Broccoli" and a small green salad. You can use tartar sauce on the cakes, or some fat free gravy. If there are left overs, they make a good breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 4 ounces packages coleslaw mix
- 2 small frozen fish cakes (I like Gorton's Cajun Blackened flavor)
- dried red chili pepper flakes
- cajun creole seasoning
- 1Cut unpeeled potatoes into a large dice.
- 2Boil potatoes and slaw mix for about 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, nuke the fish cakes just under the time specified on the package.
- 4You are going to cook them some more.
- 5With a masher, smush the potatoes and slaw mixture together until they make a uniform consistency.
- 6Flake the fish and add it to the potato mixture.
- 7Add the chili and any other spice you might like to try.
- 8This recipe is flexible.
- 9Form into serving sized patties.
- 10Coat with Creole seasoning to taste.
- 11Saute in a small amount of oil until they have a brown, crusty surface.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Cakes El Cajon
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: