Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I made these for my mom and little brother. They both raved about them, and asked me to make them again.
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix (your favorite flavor)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- tartar sauce (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large non stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure shaped the tuna mixture into patties.
- Add to skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side turning carefully until golden brown on both sides.
- Can be served with tartar sauce.
Really nice, easy recipe. I added 1 more can of tuna and a plop of mayo to bind it. I also made the fish cakes large enough to fit into a hamburger buns. My husband ate it in the bun and DD and I ate with sauce. They didn't need any additional flavor added. Thanks for the new recipe :)
I'm Snapdragon's mom, ever since she discovered this recipe we have put it in our rotation. We found that we like the Sourdough stuffing mix the best, and most always double the recipe.Sometimes we make the patties bigger and have fish burgers. One time we used canned chicken when we had non fish eating company and they turned out just as good.