Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
A Nigerian dish for leftover fish or yams. From "The Africa Cookbook".
Make and share this Fish Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups fish, cooked and boned
- 2 cups yams, cooked and mashed
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients except 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Form into small patties (about 12).
- Heat the remaining oil on high heat and fry patties, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Drain and serve.