Recipe by Ranikabani
A great way to prepare a crispy fish fillet that's topped with a light creamy sauce and served with tomatoes and lettuce on a bun.
Top Review by Cher Oliver
This was a very tasty way to do fish. The problem I had was getting the egg mixture to really stick to the fish because the flour mixture was stuck to it already. Maybe next time I'll just dip it straight into the egg mixture and then into the crumbs. Very good mayo sauce to put on it though!
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lb fish fillet (I use any boneless fish or halibut or tilapia)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a plate, combine flour, basil, salt and pepper.
- In a seperate dish, beat the oil with the egg.
- Place the cereal in a seperate plate.
- Wash and cut fish into pieces (small enough to fit the buns).
- Dip each fillet of fish into the flour mixture, then into the egg, and then press each side of the fish into the cornflakes.
- Grease a baking sheet and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cook fish for 4 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until fillets are golden brown and flake easily with a fork.
- Split the hamburger buns and toast till crisp if desired.
- Combine the relish, mayo, lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- Layer each hamburger bun with lettuce, fish, mayo mixture, and sliced tomatoes.