Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Yummy fish burgers with a fantastic tartar sauce to match. I'm not normally a huge fan of fish but these are just too good! cooking time includes one hour of refrigeration.
- 500 g white fish fillets
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh dill
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml capers, finely chopped
- 2 finely chopped gherkins
- 350 g potatoes, cooked and mashed
- plain flour, for dusting
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- lettuce leaf
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 1 gherkin, finely chopped
- 9.85 ml capers, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml malt vinegar
- 9.85 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- Place the fish in a frying pan and cover with water. Slowly heat the water, without boiling. Cover and cook over low heat until just cooked. Drain, transfer to a bowl and flake with a fork. Add the parsley, dill, lemon juice, capers, gherkin and potato, season, and combine well. Divide into four portions and shape into patties. Dust with flour, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the tartar sauce by mixing the mayonnaise, 1/2 gherkin, 2 teaspoons capers, malt vinegar, 2 teaspoons fresh parsley & lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook the patties for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until well browned.
- Place some lettuce leaves, tomato slices, a fish patty and a quarter of the tartar sauce on each bun.
Really tasty! Although I'm a fish lover myself these had a wonderful creamy texture from the potato that also tended to hide the fish to a degree. My girlfriend not so much into fish loved them as did I so I think it's a great all-rounder type fish recipe sure to please everyone. I did the tartare sauce using a food processor and made a little extra to use on another fish dish tomorrow.