Jalapeno Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon small caper, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod or 1 1⁄2 lbs other white fish
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes cereal
- vegetable oil
- red leaf lettuce leaf, tomato slices, and red onion slices
- 6 sandwich buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- For the tartar sauce, Combine all ingredients; cover and chill.
- Place fish in lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Drain; cool and flake. Combine egg through red pepper in a large bowl. Stir in flaked fish. Shape into 6 patties; coat with crushed cereal. Place on paper towels; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a large heavy skillet. Fry patties in hot oil over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve in buns with lettuce, tomato, onion, and Jalapeno Tartar Sauce.