Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty crispy do-it-yourself breading for fish.
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour (approximately 1/2 C per pound of fish)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1 lb fish, of your choice cut into 1/4-inch - 1/2-inch thick sections. Smaller pieces are easier to handle
- Place flour and fish pieces in a plastic bag and shake to coat well. Remove fish and place on a plate. Discard excess flour.
- Place the first six ingredients in the empty plastic bag and shake to mix.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Dip flour-coated fish pieces in egg wash, then place into the bread crumb mixture in the bag and shake to coat well. It's easiest to do one at a time.
- Fish can either be baked in the oven (425 degrees for approximately 5 to 10 minutes depending on the type and thickness of fish) or pan-fried approximately 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side.