Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe just came to my mind when I was running out of time at home. This was originally made with minced meat, but I substituted it with fishmeat and the "throwing".It is very easy and simple to make with kitchen ingredients
- 300 g fish, meat (or scrap off the fish meat from whole fish using a blunt spoon)
- 4 tablespoons water, mixed with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Mince the fish meat further with a sharp knife.
- Add water and mix well with hand.
- Add the corn flour, onion, turmeric powder and mix well for about 2 to 3 minutes with your hand.
- Now comes the fun part. Keep throwing the fish mass against the bottom of the bowl for about 10 to 15 minutes till it becomes firm and shiny. Its easier to do this if you omit the onions. The onions are there to give more flavor.
- Note: To prevent the fish mass from sticking to your hands, wet the palms with a bit of water. It also helps to make it easier to shape them later.
- Shape them up into small marble sized balls.
- Deep fry or drop them in boiling water until the balls float.
- Enjoy it immediately.
- (Tastes well when deep fried).