Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This was submitted by Sita R. Prabhu Desai and appeared in this week's Thursday magazine. This is a spicy dish that fish lovers are going to love!
- 1 kg kingfish, washed
- 4 onions, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and chopped finely
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 10 -12 cloves
- 1⁄2 inch cinnamon stick
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 6 red chilies
- 3 tomatoes, washed,peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the fish into medium-sized pieces.
- Keep aside.
- In your mixer/blender, prepare a paste of ginger, garlic and the corriander leaves.
- Marinate the fish with this paste mixture and turmeric powder, and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Now, prepare a paste of cloves, cinnamon stick, black peppercorns, cumin seeds, red chillies and corriander seeds in your mixer/blender.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add the onions to it and stir-fry until they become soft.
- Add tomatoes and stir-fry until they become soft and the oil separates.
- Add the cinnamon-clove paste and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the marinated fish and the coconut milk.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with cooked long-grain Basmati rice.