Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Quick and easy Recipes by Mark Bittman I haven't tried this yet - posting for safekeeping.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs leeks
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup fish stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets or 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets or 1 1⁄2 lbs other fish fillets, about 1-inch thick
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim about 1/2 –inch from the root ends of the leeks, then trim off and discard all of the tough green leaves.
- Cut the rest in half lengthwise and chop; then wash well in a colander, being sure to rinse between all of the layers.
- Scatter the leeks over the bottom of an ovenproof casserole.
- Mix with the wine or stock, salt, pepper, and mustard.
- Top with the fish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover the casserole and put in oven.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, or until a thin-bladed knife meets little or no resistance when inserted into the thickest part of the fish.
- Uncover and serve with the leeks and pan juices spooned over the fish.
I followed the recipe to the letter, after 30 mins nothing was cooked, I turned everything out & finished off in the frying pan
I loved how quickly and easly this went together and the leeks added lots of flavour to the fish. I think the leeks could use a little precooking--even with my small leeks, they were a touch undercooked. Next time (and there will be a next time) I will try microwaving them as others have suggested.
We enjoyed this dish. Really liked the leeks but not impressed with the flavor of the fish. It is quick and easy to prepare. Thanks for posting.