Recipe by Abby Girl
I got this recipe from our local paper. Can't get any simpler than this!!! You need a tightly covered baking dish to make this work. Serve with new potatoes and salad.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs leeks
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup fish stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod or 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon or 1 1⁄2 lbs other white fish, about 1-inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Trim roots from leeks and discard tough green leaves. Cut the leek in half and clean gently between the leaves to get the dirt out. Dry leeks; cut and chop coarsely.
- Scatter the leeks over the bottom of an ovenproof casserole with a tight fitting lid. Stir in the wine, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Place fish on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until sharp knife meets no resistance with inserted in the thickest part of fish.
- Serve fish with leeks and pan juices on top.