Recipe by jonesies
A bunch of crocodiles surrounded by fish, complete with green goopy dipping sauce. Terrific fun meal for kids of all ages. This recipe makes 6 servings, so adjust accordingly. ***Please note..Zaar does not like frozen clam strips, so please note that this recipe calls for frozen clam strips, not just clams.
- 2 ounces clams (frozen clam strips)
- 2 ounces frozen fish sticks
- 2 ounces breaded shrimp (or any combination of the three fish options)
- 3 -5 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup tartar sauce
- 6 (6 inch) bamboo skewers
- 6 dill pickles
- 2 pepperoni slices, cut into 3 strips each
- 6 -8 pimento stuffed olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake seafood pieces according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, stir food coloring into tartar sauce in small serving bowl until desired shade is reached; set aside.
- When seafood pieces are cool enough to handle, thread 3 to 4 pieces onto each skewer.
- Place on serving platter and keep warm.
- Cut horizontal slit in each pickle for alligator's mouth.
- Insert strip of pepperoni to make tongue. Slice olives to make eyes and nostrils; attach to pickle with small amount of mustard. (Use a slice with pimento for eyes and the "puckered" bottoms for nostrils)
- Arrange alligators around fish skewers and serve with tartar sauce.