Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I don't care for most fish but this recipe I really liked!
- 1 head suey choy or 1 head napa cabbage, sliced 1/2 inch wide
- 1⁄2 lb brown button mushroom, quartered
- 1 (3 inch) piece ginger, peeled and sliced into long matchsticks
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 -6 mild fish fillets (enough for 4-6 people)
- soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian dry rub
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Lightly sprinkle fillets with asian dry rub and pepper-rub in and set aside.
- Prepare all veggies and ginger.
- In the bottom of the steamer place cabbage or suey choy and broccoli, then fish on that, then ginger, mushrooms and onions on that.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
- Take 1 cup of the steamer juice and add 1/4 cup of the soy sauce.
- Mix 1 T. cornstarch with 2 T water and whisk well, add to steamer/soy liquid and cook until thickened, you want it pourable but thick
- To serve just spoon out equal amounts of veggie and fish, serve on rice with sauce.
- I don't like fish and I thought it was great!