From the book Hot and Spicy that belongs to a friend
Make and share this Fish and Tomato Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 500 g white fish fillets, cut into 5cm pieces
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- lemon wedge, for serving
- Spice Mixture:.
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat. Stir-fry the spice mixture ingredients until fragrant (1 to 2 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, salt and sugar. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the fish, cover and cook a further 5 minutes or until the fish is JUST cooked.
- Remove from the heat, divide into serving bowls and sprinkle with the fresh coriander. Serve with rice and the lemon wedges.