Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I remember eating fish curries in Bangladesh as a child. This is my version of one that I remember! Fish curries are always easy to prepare as the fish is usually put in toward the end. The subtle blend of spices is just perfect for any white fish. I often double the recipe and freeze half prior to adding the fish!
- Cut the fish into large pieces .
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and on low heat fry the onion, garlic and coriander stirring until the onion is soft.
- Add the Cumin, Turmeric and Chilli powder and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped tomato salt, Garam Masala and water.
- Simmer until the tomato is cooked to a pulp then add lemon juice.
- Place fish into the sauce and carefully simmer for about 3-4 minutes, taking care not to break the fish up.
- Serve with rice and accompaniments.
Joy, I just tried this and it's amazing! I couldn't get coriander so I missed it out, but it still tasted wonderful, thanks for the recipe! I made it with cod and added mushrooms to the sauce (I needed to use them up) and served it with rice and green beans which went with it perfectly. I ended up with about 5 portions (probably because I added the mushrooms) which was great because it means 4 more healthy meals in the freezer. Thanks again for a great recipe, I think it's going to become one of my regulars at home!