I remember eating fish curries in Bangladesh as a child. This is my version of one that I remember! Fish curries are always easy to prepare as the fish is usually put in toward the end. The subtle blend of spices is just perfect for any white fish. I often double the recipe and freeze half prior to adding the fish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the fish into large pieces .
- 2Heat the oil in a saucepan and on low heat fry the onion, garlic and coriander stirring until the onion is soft.
- 3Add the Cumin, Turmeric and Chilli powder and stir for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped tomato salt, Garam Masala and water.
- 4Simmer until the tomato is cooked to a pulp then add lemon juice.
- 5Place fish into the sauce and carefully simmer for about 3-4 minutes, taking care not to break the fish up.
- 6Serve with rice and accompaniments.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish and Tomato Curry
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1184.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: