Prep 5 mins
Cook 19 mins
Although the original recipe calls for Halibut, I've found that any firm, white fish will work. If your fish is frozen, soak it in milk to help remove the frozen "fishy" taste. This is an easy recipe that comes together fast. Except for the fish, most people will have all the other ingredients on hand. I love this after a hard work day....quick, easy, and delicious! Original recipe is from the "Reflections of the West" cookbook, but I've made a few changes.
- Cut the fish in half to make 4 servings.
- Mix 1 tbsp water and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Brush the mixture on both sides of the fish. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper (Remember, there will be salt and pepper in the sour cream topping).
- Arrange the fish in a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1/2 inch baking dish. Bake uncovered at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- While the fish is cooking, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp ground red pepper. Once the fish flakes easily, spoon the sour cream mixture evenly over the fish.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese melts and the sauce is thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.
Outstanding! This has to be one of the most delicious fish recipes around...and to top it off it's so darn easy to make...I cut this down to one serving and it was perfect...it's a keeper...and its going in my best of 2015 cookbook...made for "For Your Consideration" tag game...
I made this for dinner last night. Very easy and tasty! I might decrease the mayo next time but other than that, the only change I made was to increase the green onions. Low carb and delicious. Yum! Even my 9 yr old liked it. :)
This was so delicious. I made roughly half, and my fillets were rather thin, so I adjusted cooking times a bit. The sauce was so good that I lied and said there was no more and poured the rest of it over my boiled potatoes. I did not sprinkle lemon juice on the fillets, just used it in the sauce. It's a very easy recipe, very doable on a workday. Also served glazed Brussels sprouts.