1/1 Photo of Fish and Potato Pie
1 hr 10 mins
I first had this at a friend's house. I have managed to recreate it here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the filling
- 1 lb smoked haddock or 1 lb cod fish fillet, skin removed and broken into large chunks
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pint single cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
For the topping
- 1Peel and boil the potatoes until soft.
- 2Drain and mash with 1/2 ounce butter and the tablespoon of milk.
- 3Add the cheese and mix well.
- 4In a wok or frying pan, gently fry the onions and garlic in 1 oz butter until soft and transparent.
- 5Add the fish,parsley, cream, lemon juice and salt and pepper to the wok or frying pan and mix well.
- 6Place the fish filling into a casserole dish.
- 7Top with the potatoes.
- 8Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the potatoes.
- 9Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the potatoes.
- 10Divide the remaining 1/2 oz butter on top of each tomato slice.
- 11Bake in a medium pre-heated oven for 40- 50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish and Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.5
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 189.9 mg
- Sodium 1223.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 43.9 g