Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way to use extra cooked fish and extra mashed potatoes to make a yummy meal.
Make and share this Fish and Potato Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups of cooked white fish fillets
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed with
- 2 tablespoons light butter, &
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- catsup, for topping
- Mix all ingredients together except for the breadcrumbs.
- Shape the mixture into 6 patties.
- Press each side of the patty into the breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
I like having the potato with the fish. It makes a nice moist fish cake with a lovely texture. I didn't bread them on outside as there were quite a few crumbs with the fish that I used. They came out golden. Thanks for posting this easy tasty recipe
EXACTLY what I was looking for. but left out the milk (lactose intolerant) and added a bunch of chopped chives. Plain, simple, easy.