Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
A spicy, hearty seafood dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups dry white wine or 2 cups dry sherry
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red snapper fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 12 ounces linguine, cooked,drained,rinsed,and kept warm
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped of fresh mint
- Over medium heat, place large skillet; allow to get hot, but not smoking.
- Add the oil; then add the sausage; saute, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes or until the sausage is browned.
- Remove the sausage to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Change the heat to low; add onion to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes or until onion is soft and golden.
- Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes; toss for 1 minute.
- Add in the chopped tomato and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine and scrape the browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan; increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Boil the sauce for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked sausage, raw shrimp, and red snapper fillet chunks.
- Cook about 6 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and the fish flakes.
- Add the pasta; toss to coat and heat the pasta, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on individual plates; sprinkle with parsley and mint.
Fantastic !! Used organic pasta instead. This was so tasty, family loved it !! NurseDi you are definitely one of my favourite chefs, your recipes are wonderful & well suited to my food audience !!