Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is on my to-try pile. I have reduced the amount of oil in marinade and stir-fry by half.
- 2.46 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 0.59 ml white pepper
- 78.07 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 14.79 ml chinese rice wine or 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 4.92 ml sugar
Fish and Long Bean Stir Fry
- 340.19 g firm white fish fillet, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g chinese long beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 9.85 ml minced ginger
- 9.85 ml cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- Marinade: Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add fish and stir to coat.
- Sauce: Combine broth, oyster sauce, rice wine and sugar in a small bowl.
- Fish and Long Bean Stir Fry: In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to boiling. Add beans; cook until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Place a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add onion and ginger, cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add fish and stir-fry until it turns opaque, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add beans and sauce; bring to a boil. Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.