Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is on my to-try pile. I have reduced the amount of oil in marinade and stir-fry by half.
Make and share this Fish and Long Bean Stir Fry – Inspired from Martin Yan recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Fish and Long Bean Stir Fry
- 3⁄4 lb firm white fish fillet, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb chinese long beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- Marinade: Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add fish and stir to coat.
- Sauce: Combine broth, oyster sauce, rice wine and sugar in a small bowl.
- Fish and Long Bean Stir Fry: In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to boiling. Add beans; cook until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Place a stir-fry pan over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add onion and ginger, cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add fish and stir-fry until it turns opaque, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add beans and sauce; bring to a boil. Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.