1/3 Photos of Fish and Chips
GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
This is my favorite fish and chips recipe. The fish is extra crunchy! For an extra-special abundant seafood dinner, serve this with my Shrimp and Chips and my Onion Rings, with coleslaw. You'll love this meal! It's easy to prepare and your guests will think you're a professional chef! Try it! Important Note: Use a deep fryer. It is too dangerous to use even a deep skillet!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb white fish fillet (cod or halibut)
For the batter
- 1Combine all batter ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- 2Cut the fillets into desired sized pieces.
- 3Dust fillets with flour.
- 4Dip the fillets in the batter.
- 5Fry fillets in deep fryer at 375 degrees with at least 2 inches of vegetable oil until golden brown. Don't crowd the fillets while frying.
- 6Drain fillets on paper towels or brown paper bags from the grocery store.
- 7Serve with french fries, tarter sauce, cocktail sauce, malt vinegar and cole slaw or cucumber salad (see Zaar recipe 211355).
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish and Chips
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.6
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 256.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 27.8 g