Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is my favorite fish and chips recipe. The fish is extra crunchy! For an extra-special abundant seafood dinner, serve this with my Shrimp and Chips and my Onion Rings, with coleslaw. You'll love this meal! It's easy to prepare and your guests will think you're a professional chef! Try it! Important Note: Use a deep fryer. It is too dangerous to use even a deep skillet!
- Combine all batter ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the fillets into desired sized pieces.
- Dust fillets with flour.
- Dip the fillets in the batter.
- Fry fillets in deep fryer at 375 degrees with at least 2 inches of vegetable oil until golden brown. Don't crowd the fillets while frying.
- Drain fillets on paper towels or brown paper bags from the grocery store.
- Serve with french fries, tarter sauce, cocktail sauce, malt vinegar and cole slaw or cucumber salad (see Zaar recipe 211355).
Very good; I will make this again and again. I love the fact that it's so easy to remember! I sprinkled the fish with a little Old Bay and salt before battering. I fried a lb. of fish and had plenty of batter left--I think this recipe would probably be enough for 2 lbs. of fish. Thanks Greg in San Diego!
An absolutely outstanding batter, made perfect battered haddock. Just like the chippie makes. And I should know, I'm english!!!
This was very simple and very good. I loved how the batter held up when frying my cod. Thanks for sharing Greg in San Diego. Made for Cooking Tag Mania.