Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
I was looking for an alternative Friday Night Lenten Meal when I came up with this recipe. The recipe can be changed for whatever seasonings you are craving - even adding some canned tomatoes is good! My last batch, I added ghost pepper salt to the olive oil for a little kick!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 small white onion, sliced & separated
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 tilapia fillet, cut in chunks (or Swai)
- italian seasoning (I like Mural of Flavor)
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- Toss in all other ingredients, allowing fish to cook through and chickpeas to slightly soften (5-10 min), stirring frequently.
- After ingredients are cooked, turn up heat to medium high and allow chick peas, onions and garlic to slightly toast and fish to crisp a little on the edges. Enjoy!