We eat this almost every week. Ommit the cheese for a lighter sauce. I use a blender to make the breadcrumbs. Serve with Lemon and Dill Potatoes - Lemon and Dill Potatoes and peas.
- Poach the fish in the milk for approximately 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove the fish from the liquid and flake into a baking dish reserving the liquid for the sauce.
- Boil the broccoli for 3 minutes, you don't want it too soft.
- Drain and stir into the fish.
- Mix a little milk or water into the cornflour and add to the reserved liquid.
- Cook until the sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Add more milk if too thick.
- Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and broccoli.
- Cover with the breadcrumbs.
- Cook at 170c for 30 - 45 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are brown.