Recipe by luvmybge
Taste of Home's Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2004. Contributor: Frances Quinn, Farmindale, NY This bundle takes a little time to assemble but they're worth it. They are always popular at a buffet or shower..great for every day dining too. This flavorful dish goes nicely with rice pilaf or a saucy pasta.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli stems or 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen broccoli stems (18)
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, to taste (1 1/2-inches X 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 bls. sole fillets or 2 flounder fillets (6 fillets, Orange Roughy is a favorite of mine)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, place broccoli in SMALL amount of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduced heat, cover.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- Rinse in cold water.
- For each bundle place a cheese cube on three broccoli spears.
- Wrap with fish fillet and fasten with a toothpick if necessary.
- Place on greased foil-lined (or parchment-lined) baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, if desired.
- Bake at 350° degrees F for 15 to 25 minutes or.
- until fish flakes with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt and.
- Transfer the fish bundles in a serving platter and remove toothpicks.
- Drizzle with the butter mixture.