Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Kazakhstan has long been a crossroads between Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. It borders on the Caspian and Aral Seas, and includes many lrivers and lakes, including Lake Balkhash. This recipe is from the Kazakh Embassy to the US and Canada.
- 120 g fish (perch or sheat)
- 160 g potatoes
- 100 g cucumbers (fresh or pickled)
- 80 g mayonnaise
- 60 g tomatoes
- 4 eggs, boiled and sliced
- Fillet the fish and fry it lightly on both sides. Let cool and slice.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes in water until tender yet firm. Drain.
- Chop cucumbers and potatoes. Mix with fish and mayonnaise.
- Arrange the salad in a pyramid and decorate with slices of fish, tomatoes and eggs.
- Pour mayonnaise on top.