Recipe by MizzNezz
This is soooo good!!! It goes real quick when I take it to a potluck.
Top Review by michy
This was very easy to make. I seasoned the meat myself instead of using taco seasining and I used velveeta instead of the cubed american cheese. I love this recipe and took it to a pot luck and it is one of those requested recipes! Everyone loves this and it is perfectly named too! It is first to go!
- 1⁄4 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 lb cubed American cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces chopped green olives
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cracker crumbs in 13x9 pan; top with rice.
- Cook meat and onion until done, drain.
- Add juice, water, and seasonings.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spoon over rice.
- Sprinkle with lettuce and tomatos.
- In saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour until smooth.
- Slowly add milk; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat, add American cheese, stir until melted.
- Pour over tomatoes.
- Top with cheddar cheese and olives.
- Serve with tortilla chips.