Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These sound and look so good! I can't wait to try them! They wont the first place cookie prize at the Mayfest baking festival!! YUM!! I guessed at the yield, because the recipe doesnt say how many it makes
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3 -4 cups powdered sugar
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
- Cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time; beat in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients alrenately with light cream to creamed mixture.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Cook butter and brown sugar over low heat for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cream.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add powdered sugar until desired consistency.