Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Recipe printed in Akron Beacon Journal in the 1980s. Submitted by Nancy W. from Stow.
Make and share this First-Place Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 pints water
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans, drained
- Brown beef, onions and garlic. If necessary, drain any fat.
- Add the other ingredients and simmer for three to 3.5 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving or storing.